Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Saturday, September 24th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 10
What I believe:

Ralph Nader is the only real Democrat running for President this year based on his lifelong record and causes.

What supports my belief:

*Bush is nothing but a big corportation hell bent on screwing the working man.

*Kerry talks a good game, but for 20 years in the Senate he has taken money from countless corporations and special interests.

*Kerry claims to be for 'middle America', yet he voted FOR NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and Trade with China...all of which lower wages of the middle class.

*Nader has FOUGHT AGAINST the very companies that Kerry-Bush take money from. He was also AGAINST NAFTA, GATT, and WTO.

Who are my opponents:

*Republicans who are on the side of the rich.

*Democrats who turn a blind eye to all the times Kerry has stuck it to the middle class.

What my opponents believe:

*Voting for Nader is a 'waste', but voting for Kerry, a man who is in the pocket of corporations is some grandiose principled vote.

*That THEY and Kerry know how NAFTA, GATT, WTO is good for working families, nevermind that the middle class has been squeezed even in the Clinton years.

*That rewarding corporate-Democrats like Kerry will somehow help.

REAL Democrats do not support one bought-candidate just to get rid of another. REAL Democrats stand up and tell their part: WE ARE SICK OF YOU TALKING ABOUT US MIDDLE CLASS FOLKS, BUT THEN SIGNING DEALS THAT GO AGAINST US.

REAL Dems vote Nader, with hopes that their party returns to the soul of being a Democrat.

Trout
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Will a vote for Nader help to get Bush out of the White House!!!

deejay7
No. of Recommendations: 2
Nader is not supported by REAL Democrats who, as your post illustrates, are more moderate than Nader.

Nader is not supported even by the Green Party that supported him in 2000.

Nader is running for himself only.
No. of Recommendations: 4
Trout,

Voting for Nader is a total waste. If Nader had truly given a damn then he would have created a Third Party!... Oh!... Wait a minute!... there is a third party... the Green Party. But, apparently, Nader feels that he is too important too join a party and a true platform. Or, what is more likely, is that Nader is hoping for a Bush win so that things will really get screwed up enough for a revolution... Most democrats and Americans prefer an evolutionary course to social justice.

jf

PS The Green VP candidate is voting for Kerry... At least she cares more for her country than for her ego. Nader could learn something from her.
No. of Recommendations: 0
How is Nader running for himself???? How is being shunned by EVERYONE a selfish motive?

The inner city voters who support Dems are still in cities and jails.

The' middle class' voters supporting Dems got their butts kicked with NAFTA, WTO, AND GATT.

You know what? When I see the elitist LLL Democrats continue these practices I think both the above mentioned people deserve what they get.

Jedi
Fife...

An excellent endrosement for:

*NAFTA

*GATT

*WTO

*Most Favored Nation Trading with China.

Attention middle class: THIS is what DEMOCRATS support. Do you realize you are slipping into poverty, IF this is what your stewards have in mind for you?

Maybe you are stupid. Maybe Kerry and Bush are right, and we do need to outsource the good jobs.

Jedi
Fife...

An excellent endrosement for:

*NAFTA

*GATT

*WTO

*Most Favored Nation Trading with China.

Attention middle class: THIS is what DEMOCRATS support. Do you realize you are slipping into poverty, IF this is what your stewards have in mind for you?

Maybe you are stupid. Maybe Kerry and Bush are right, and we do need to outsource the good jobs.

Jedi

Maybe you need to read the newspapers once in a while.

Bush also supports NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and recommends continued Most Favored Nation Trading with China.

That is reality.
Of course Bush supports them, but Bush and Republicans are NOT supposed to be stewards for the working man, are they?

Aretn Dems supposed to be in the corner of 'working Americans'???

COngrats Democrats: You are pushing the middle class into poverty. Just wait and watch. A Kerry win will only speed up this guaranteed end result.

Jedi
Jedi, this election day is coming none-too-soon, you need a long rest.

jf
What it indicates is moderate Democratic party positions.

There is no reason to vote for extreme Nader views which are not backed this election by the Green Party.

There is no need to vote for the worst incumbent President in seventy years.

Vote for Kerry which is a vote for change with moderation.
Trout:

Nader is in the pocket of the Republicans. Seriously!

Do a Google on where he has been speaking over the last few years. You will see conservative organizations paying him.

He refuses to release his tax returns. This is because they show payments by Republican organizations.

You are a principled person, I can respect that. Seriously!

Nader, however is not. He is getting his money to try to swing the election to Bush.

Bush is the worst pResident in the history of the US.
No. of Recommendations: 1

Nader lives in an apartment and doesn't even drive a car, for chrissakes.

To vote for him is only to make a protest that no one will hear.
No. of Recommendations: 3
Fife...

I agree so much.

After Tuesday night I will sleep better. I've been into this election even ebfore Dean kissed the 1st stinky baby in Iowa and I am worn out. The last 2 months its been real hard..being obsessed with every poll and speech, etc. Its even taken focus off my business.

If BUsh loses and I see terrorists, Saddam remnants, and the streets of Paris celebrating it will hurt, it will be a shot to the gut. However, I am ready to play either way. A Kerry win will relieve me from a burden: Caring for my countrymen.

If they elect Kerry then I will join the elitist LLL Democrats in promoting free trade, lowering wages for Americans, and segregating the riff-raff out of good schools by being against school vouchers.

Personally, I will not pay ONE extra dime in taxes no matter what Kerry does, and IF kerry wins I will start outsourcing a few positions in my business also.

Its almost better for me if Kerry wins. I will be free to stop caring, and become an elitist Democrat like the LLL, and be resigned to the fact that America is only an economy, not a country.

JEdi
What it indicates is moderate Democratic party positions.

Attention working families:

IF you take issue that you old $22/hour factory job is going abroad, and now both you and your spouse have to work for $15.00, lifeforce dancer thinks your views are extreme.

On a side note: President Clinton, I apologize for criticizing you so much. Your 'moderate' views on NAFTA, GATT, WTO has made goods cheaper for people like me, and also has taught a lesson to the 'middle class' who seems to want to be poor.

Jedi
No. of Recommendations: 4
Trout,

A vote for Nader is a vote that says "I don't care about the harm being done to our federal judiciary by Bush." "I think the country can withstand 30 - 50 years of extreme right wing ideologues as the majority on all of our federal benches including the Supreme Court."

Please believe me - this really matters.

I am more liberal than Kerry and am DISGUSTED by the reliance on corporate money by the major parties.

Still - I care a lot about having decent federal judges and know with certainty (based on his record) that Bush is stacking the federal courts with ideologues the likes of which we have never seen before, even under Reagan.

Moderate judges are far better than right-wingers and, in fact, I would favor moderate, fair judges over even left-leaning judges.

Please understand that this issue really matters and, when the election is over, go volunteer for the Greens and try to get Greens elected to local office. By electing your preferred party locally, you improve the chances of beating the 2-party system.

Nader's quixotic runs have some appeal - I have heard him speak and I understand what you are talking about. I agree with him on many issues. But understand that voting for Nader to help Kerry lose and Bush win does NOT move the Ds to the left or do anything else other than make them try that much harder to emulate the Rs!!!!

Regards,
MitsouR
Nader is in the pocket of the Republicans. Seriously!

So what if Nader took Republican Money????? Has he supported Republican policies like NAFTA, GATT, WTO, and war in Iraq LIKE KERRY??? NO.

Jedi
REAL Dems vote Nader, with hopes that their party returns to the soul of being a Democrat

Sorry. Hope and a dollar will buy you coffee. Real Dems vote Kerry this time, to get the moron out of the White House. Then we get to work to change the party.
Jedi,

It will be okay. Honestly.... as it now stands, Bush would tax our children with a $7.5 Trillion national debt and the certainty of a collapsing dollar.

I think I've read enough of you to know that you only want what is best America. And if Kerry wins, (as he certainly will ;) I and others will need your perspective and criticism to keep Kerry in line.

As for now, when in doubt, hire the smarter of the two... John Kerry would never have made all of these deadly mistakes. He, unlike Bush, would certainly have read the Aug. 6 PDB and called a meeting on it.

jf
Sorry. Hope and a dollar will buy you coffee. Real Dems vote Kerry this time, to get the moron out of the White House. Then we get to work to change the party.

If Kerry wins, you do not have a prayer in changing the party. If Kerry loses you have a grat opportunity to change the party.

Keith
Screw the Party!... Bush is eff'ng up the whole world.
Screw the Party!... Bush is eff'ng up the whole world.

You're right, except he also has the help of both parties. So I recommend Badnarik as the real alternative.

Keith
So let me get this straight, trout. Nader is a man (my term for him is weasel, but that's beside the point) who in 2000 espoused that he was running because he thought it was imperative for the Green Party.

He doesn't pull out at the end, in a close race, and throw his voice behind Gore, even-though he had accomplished what he had wanted for the Greens, leading to the most contentious and bitter election in history, and leading to the worst president in U.S. history being appointed.

In the time that Bush, the person he helped put in office, has been in office, he has done irreparable harm to the country and the world. Thousands of people have died because of him. Environmental programs, Nader's pet, have been set back decades, people are without jobs and healthcare. All issues Nader claims to care about.

Fast forward to 2004. An election coming up. The Green Party will not endorse a run by Nader, so he abandons the Green Party to suit his own egomaniacal, delusional mindset and in the process not only threatens to put Bush -- did I mention, the worst president in U.S. history -- back in office, but does more damage to the Green Party than could have ever been done in decades by them trudging along making stride by stride.

This is a man, who will forever be associated with the Green Party, even though he is not running under their flag this time. By him doing what he is doing, he is decimating the Green Party, contrary to all of the hyperbolic excuses of why he ran the last time. This current run only shows that it was all bulls**t, that he cares nothing about the country, that he is running under the guise of altruism, but it's clear that it has nothing to do with anything but his own warped ego....and this is the man you want to vote for under moral grounds? This is the man you think real Democrats vote for? Well, trout, you could not be more wrong. You are one of my favorite Fools, but if you vote Nader tomorrow, you are making one of the most 'f'oolish mistakes of your life.

Caat
Well, trout, you could not be more wrong. You are one of my favorite Fools, but if you vote Nader tomorrow, you are making one of the most 'f'oolish mistakes of your life

See? Once again the LLL knows what's better for all of you. The LLL supported Clinton on NAFTA, GATT, and WTO, and now the LLL tells you that you are foolish for supporting the ONLY man who was on the side of the working man.

More proof that the LLL wants to push 'working families' into government dependant medicority, while the exclusive LLL members jet off to their favorite European cities.

The LLL is on record in opposing the ONLY man in this race who fought for workers and consumers all his life.

A working American voting for Kerry is like a chicken voting for Colonel Sanders. Keep voting Democrat guys... in the last decade you went from the American Dream to living check-to-check. Next decade you will just long for a check. Watch and see.

Jedi
The inner city voters

Jedi, what the heck is the "inner city"?

I LIVE IN THE INNER CITY (I guess, since I in fact live in the city proper) AND I LOVE IT!

My husband and I make over 6 figures.

We live in an economically and "racially" diverse neighborhood.

We have access to all kinds of small business restaurants, bars, groceries, delis, etc. within 5 miles of our house. NO CHAINS LIKE IN THE BURBS!

If you're referring to poor African Americans, why don't you say it, instead of being so disingenuous? Your "code words" are getting kinda old.

3MM
Glad you are doing so well. No wait, actually glad you are doing so "okay".... (its all relative, you know...those who don't brag about it probably wouldnt get out of bed for 6 figures...)

The inner city voters I refer to are not some 6 figure 401k counting -legend in their own mind people, I am talking about other inner city voters, who are forced by people like you to vote Democrat, or they will lose their gov't benefits.

I dont refer to the group you mention out of fear of Fool Rules.

Jedi

IF you take issue that you old $22/hour factory job is going abroad, and now both you and your spouse have to work for $15.00, lifeforce dancer thinks your views are extreme.

The above statement by Jedi does not reflect my thinking.