Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Rebecca: I enjoy your posts/enthusiasm!

Question!

"I just bought my 6th company last week. There are at least 5 or 6 more I will definitely pick up this year."

OK, OK, now the question. Rebecca when do you stop buying your "first shares" and start accumilating shares of companies already owned?
Many things cause difference of investing styles,ie age,income etc. but at some point you have to start building a position in your DRIP's. Just curious as to your plan. (:>)

My idea was to build a large position in 5 companies(happen to be EMR,GPC,JNJ,WRE,WMT)use these Quartly dividends as trip money etc.after retirement. As life changes so does our retirement plans/goals. I will not have the large positions I planned as I decided that I will be able to live on my retirement, so I would stop working two jobs! Well there goes my investment money. Oh well! I want to do more living now vs when I retire.
I also plan on rolling over WMT to probably a utility, but that will happen this fall, I would like to see WMT move up a little more.

.02cents Waived

La vita 'e bella

Gramps

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.