Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Received my shots back in December. Not fired up about a booster and will pass at this time, but then again, I am NOT 65 or older nor do I have any pre-existing diseases* to put me at risk.

JLC

* for this virus, the important diseases are obesity, diabetes, and hypertension. Sadly, over 1/2 of America would qualify.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Had the first two Pfizer. Ain't gonna do a booster. Tired of being lied to for reasons that have nothing to do with virus threat.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 4
Tired of being lied to for reasons that have nothing to do with virus threat.

The government has admitted that the vaccine is ineffective as Biden claims that he needs to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated. All the while spewing that it is safe AND EFFECTIVE.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The gov't has only approved Pfizer booster shots starting the end of this month for those who have now reached 8 months since the last shot. That includes few since vax only started for most in late Dec and early Jan.

I got Moderna in Jan/Feb so the earliest for me would be Oct 8. Then I have to wait for Moderna booster to be approved - likely into NOV.

If I recall right, about 45% of folks got Pfizer and 45% got Moderna. Rest J&J. Not sure what else folks might have gotten.

No info on J&J booster shots.

BTW, if you are going to get your annual flu shot, do it 2 weeks or more before your COVID shot or 2 weeks or more after. You won't get a booster shot if you just had a flu shot - takes at least 2 weeks separation.

Probably get my flu shot early Oct. Too soon and it wears off by 'late season'.

Oh, and boosters only approved for those over 60 or with compromised health situation.

t.
No. of Recommendations: 8
I got it this past wk along with the flu shot, one shot in each arm.

Did yard work and so that gave each arm lots of movement and the arm pain was minimal.

I’m starting to wear black a-lot and hang upside down. :)
No. of Recommendations: 7
The government has admitted that the vaccine is ineffective as Biden claims that he needs to protect the vaccinated from the unvaccinated.

Actually, it is protecting the vaccinated against the mutants within the non-vaccinated.

The vaccinated can watch the non-vaccinated get decimated by the new mutants--which the non-vaccinated allow to be created by being non-vaccinated.

The non-vaccinated are essentially the creators and bearers of their own deaths.

(cue up the theme to M*A*S*H)

I’m starting to wear black a-lot and hang upside down. :)

Sounds batty.
Received my shots back in December. Not fired up about a booster and will pass at this time, but then again, I am NOT 65 or older nor do I have any pre-existing diseases* to put me at risk.

JLC

* for this virus, the important diseases are obesity, diabetes, and hypertension. Sadly, over 1/2 of America would qualify.

I would add stupidity as a risk factor as well.
No. of Recommendations: 4
From the CDC, here are the comorbidities with the highest mortality rates on hospital inpatients

Preexisting comorbidities significantly associated with increased odds of in-hospital mortality were:

Metastatic solid tumor, 57% increase
History of myocardial infarction, 47% increase
Cerebrovascular disease, 39% increase
Congestive heart failure, 37% increase
Hemiplegia, 34% increase
Any malignant neoplasm, 27% increase
Dementia, 20% increase
Diabetes, 20% increase
Chronic pulmonary disease, 16% increase
Hyperlipidemia, 11% increase

The risk for inpatient mortality was higher with increasing number of comorbid conditions. Among patients with COVID-19 who died, there was a higher prevalence of all comorbidities (except for metastatic solid tumor) than among patients who survived.

Age is the strongest risk factor for severe COVID-19 outcomes. Approximately 54.1 million people aged 65 years or older reside in the United States; this age group accounts for more than 80% of U.S. COVID-19 related deaths.

And here's the real zinger....

Residents of long-term care facilities make up less than 1% of the U.S. population but account for more than 35% of all COVID-19 deaths.

In 20 or 30 years when this pandemic is dissected, it will be referred to as the Nursing Home Epidemic, even though, primarily for political reasons, we blame the school children.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/hcp/clinical-care/...

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 9
From the CDC, here are the comorbidities with the highest mortality rates on hospital inpatients

Any data for motorcycle accidents or gunshot wounds resulting in COVD deaths?

On the bright side, I think we found a cure for the flu, it's COVID!!
"On the bright side, I think we found a cure for the flu, it's COVID!!"

From what I hear, the test being used in South Carolina can't differentiate between Covid
and the flu.
Also has a 70% false positive rate.

Howie52
A fever (over 101F) and loss of taste is a better indicator than the test.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Howie52
A fever (over 101F) and loss of taste is a better indicator than the test. - Howie

----------------------

Not necessarily an indicator of Covid.

Fever and loss of taste is a regular outcome here in Texas after downing the Habanero Enchilada plate at Enrico's....
No. of Recommendations: 2
Fever and loss of taste is a regular outcome here in Texas after downing the Habanero Enchilada plate at Enrico's....

Up here in MI, the cayennes in my garden are already harvested and turned to chili paste, half of my jalapeños have been turned into jelly; the other half are turning red and will soon be turned in the smoker to chipotle chiles. The habaneros are just now beginning to turn color and I haven’t yet decided what I will do with them, though some are certainly destined for hot sauce.

For those who have not yet read about the judge at the Texas Chili cookoff, enjoy:

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/board/102959/Conten...
For those who have not yet read about the judge at the Texas Chili cookoff, enjoy: - zambon

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tech/board/102959/Conten...

----------------------

Classic. Thanks for posting...
Of course you left this out...

The most common comorbidities were hypertension (30,236 [46.7%]), hyperlipidemia (18,744 [28.9%]), diabetes (18,091 [27.9%]), and chronic pulmonary disease (10,434 [16.1%]).
6,849 (19.4%) inpatients were admitted to an ICU.

Most common? Hypertension
Personally I think that was a set-up, and they have a designated judge to call in sick each year so they can drag in some unsuspecting tourist for the entertainment value.