Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Recent postings/mailings from RH:

"For Robinhood to operate, we must meet clearinghouse deposit requirements to support customer trades."

"Last week, in part due to volatility in some popular stocks, Robinhood’s deposit requirements rose tenfold. The combination of the deposit increase and the extraordinary increase in volume on these particular symbols led us to put temporary buying restrictions in place on a small number of those stocks.
We had to take steps to limit buying in those volatile stocks to ensure we could comfortably meet our deposit obligations. We didn’t want to stop people from buying stocks and WE CERTAINLY WEREN'T TRYING TO HELP HEDGE FUNDS."

(the caps are mine. In their post, those words were highlighted, but I don't know how to show that here).

"We’ll continue to improve as we break down barriers in the financial system to open it for all."

I got a kick out of this one:

"With a new generation of investors at the helm, the future looks a little brighter. We’re humbled by what we will accomplish—together."

I remember when Schwab and another company named Rose something were the first discount brokers...which was pretty upsetting to those who were used to charging $50 or more commissions on trades.
You can probably find more of RH's statements and explanations online.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.