Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
Recently our 2010 Lexus navigation screen went black. DH was born with GPS in his head, so he never used it, no big deal, right?

Well, with that not working neither is the following useful, if not necessary things:
the backup camera
the radio
the heat/ac controls

To top it off, his favorite CDs are stuck in it(!)

Dealer is quoting $2400 to replace it - and the car's worth about 10k.

Try replacing the fuse, if you or someone you know is at all handy:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-2nd-gen-2006-2013/711263...

You can also post there for more suggestions if that's not the problem.

And if you Google "2010 Lexus navigation died", there are also various YouTube fix-it videos that might help, including one that shows how to remove it completely.

Once had a Chevy dealer tell me my C-20 needed $3500 of transmission work. The local transmission place fixed it in 15 minutes. It was a hose issue. They charged me 20 bucks.

Also replaced my own O2 sensor with a warranteed one from Ebay for $25 when the Subaru dealer wanted around $300+. OEM new sensor from them was $250+ and not much better at the auto parts stores.

So yeah, I get leary of big bills at dealers.

Let us know if that solves it :)

Laura
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.