Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I originally had a employer sponsored retirement plan (401k), which I rolled over to a IRA. Then, later, I transferred this to a ROTH IRA. Turns out, I must recharacterize this back to a regular IRA. As I moved this out of the original broker, I need now to set up an IRA account to handle this recharacterization. Would this now be considered as a "Traditional IRA" or a "Rollover IRA"? This is a question on the broker form & I don't even understand why this would be important, but I want to do this correctly.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.