Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I just received a Corrected Form 1099 for Tax Year 2011 (not 2012) from my Broker. A distribution for year 2011 from a Mutual Fund I own in a taxable account did an income reclassification. Originally there was a nondividend distribution (return of Capital) but it was changed to be a combination of nonqualified dividends, qualified divdends and nondividend distributions. Based on a rough estimate I will owe an additional $57.95 in Federal taxes and $19.32 in state taxes. Because these amounts are small do I need to file amended Federal and State Taxes for 2011? Thanks for the great help.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.