Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I'm living abroad, and - since I pay taxes locally - for the past several years my US taxable income has been zero.

But now I find myself in the pleasant situation of having fooled the Fool, and actually having made enough US-taxable income that I will have to file a non-trivial tax return. But I've been out of the country long enough that I'm no longer up on tax law.

A long way to a short request: if you have a certified tax preparer you trust, who is willing to work by e-mail, and who charges reasonable fees - I would appreciate it if you would send me their e-mail address, or else have them contact me at that address.



Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.