Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've been told by TdAmeritrade that disallowed losses related to an underlying will be reconciled once all positions, including options are closed and a period of 30+ days passes with no activity with the underlying.

With no position in this closed underlying for months, I'm not seeing a reconciliation. IOW, a loss has not returned on the books where previously it was disallowed. Do I have to repurchase the underlying in order for the basis of those new shares to reflect the prior disallowed losses?

I appreciate very much some clarification on this matter.

Thanks,

HP
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer:
In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.