Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Recovering Fool -- I need your help here.

LaMar wrote,Possibly be able to get a work scholarship so that he wouldn't lose $$ to taxes

My son qualifies for a small amount of Federal Work/study money in his financial plan. Since we live in Mn. and he goes to school in Indiana, I thought it would be too much of a hassle to fill out Ind. income tax forms as well as the Mn. state forms (he makes very good money in the summer) for the small amount of money he would make by working on campus under the Federal Work/Study program. Does what LaMar wrote mean that he wouldn't have to pay income taxes on this money?

Thanks for any info you can give me. Judy
Print the post  


Paying For School Guide
Trying to Tackle Tuition? The Motley Fool's Guide to Paying for School will help you fight those rising education costs.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.