No. of Recommendations: 2
We made the trek to Red Rocks Amphitheater in Morrison, Colorado to catch Tedeschi-Trucks Band in the final stop of the Wheels of Soul tour. They played different sets both nights. I'd been hearing about this venue for years, and spent some real money on close-up seats.

My impressions: it's very scenic and you sure can take some great pics, but what nobody talks about is the climb into the venue. There are two main parking levels, upper and lower. If you don't arrive a couple hours in advance and tailgate, you end up stuck in the lower parking level and it's a monstrous climb in. Something like 20 flights of stairs, followed by an HOUR-LONG security checkpoint line. We arrived an hour before the show the first night, and still missed the opening act's first tune due to the slowness of the line. Ridiculous, they need more than two people doing the checking. Also? The seats are just benches without backs, and so that gets old after awhile.

I'm glad I did it, and I can check it off my list, but honestly the venue is a bit overrated.

On the bright side: Marcus King was the opening act, and this young man is the real deal. He and Derek Trucks traded solos on Elizabeth Reed, which was really something. See him if he's in your area. Audio of both shows has already been posted at Archive.org, so you can hear for yourself:

https://archive.org/details/ttb2018-07-29.akgmatrix.stearns....

https://archive.org/details/ttb2018-07-28.akgmatrix.stearns....
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.