Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have never posted on this board and don't know where to begin to find the answers.

I am new to investing and started in jan 1999. I will have to pay income tax on the stock gains i made in 1999 because i sold throught the year.

1) Are there any ways to help reduce my tax burdon. It will be significant since no money was withheld so i will need to come up with lots.

2) What sites are the best for finding information on reducing taxes??? Starting a small business, house, dependants???etc...
Any help would be appreciated.
thank you
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.