No. of Recommendations: 0
Regarding #8232, my Flexible Spending Account is what I use to pay for unreimbursed expenses like drug co-payments and dentist's bills. There's some limit, I forget what it is. Anyhow, I was cruising along at $3 deduction a week, until I broke a tooth in November. I had to dash down to our HR department to increase my deduction for 1999 to pay for that. The HR lady was sort of upset, I hadn't done it in their standard enrolment period and it took her all of 25 seconds to make the change.


Does this mean you waited until 1999 to have the tooth repaired? I would think if it was repaired in November 1998, the bill would go towards 1998 deductions.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.