Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
regarding ntap, cree, gmst, and jdsu, i was simply trying to communicate the mood of the gorilla hunters on G & K. Nobody can definitively determine gorillaness because nobody has that kind of authority, so all these things are in flux. There was just a huge argument in thefool about whether QCOM was a gorilla...

read thru the G&K on SI and you'll see where I'm coming up with my thoughts. NTAP's moving in with a software product which may be its root to gorillahood, cree has a lock on the discontonuous innovation of Silicon Carbide, GMST is a gorilla waiting for the tornado to hit, JDSU has hundreds of patents and has been called a gorilla by Mr. Moore, etc.

Now, these things may not be gorillas yet, but there are degrees, and there are maturation cycles, etc.

Regarding CRA, if you believe you can't, under any circumstance, apply gorilla thoughts to biotech, then move on. Of all the biotechs however, an information lodestar which has first mover advantage on entire genomes, from human to fly to whatever, may just be indispensable to the field.

If my looseness re: gorilla definition offends, I most humbly apologize.

G
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.