Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
regarding the comment If you want to buy the stock when it's cheaper why buy now. because that could be a indication of a profitable temp. downswing. Chris question I read our investment ideas. They sound very sound and wise. You know what a limit order is? This order allows you to get the stock at a set price when the stock hits that price no risk involved but you must temporary accept one days downside risk doing this.
So buy a now selling 10 dollar a share at 7 because it charts well and the MACD and all the research you and I both use says okay this stock fell two pts today looks hmm like it will fall again. So you say its at 8 I'm beting 7 maybe 6. But then back up to say 12 are 13. Yes we want in at 6, but changes of getting it with high volume not likely. At 7 more likely we place at 7 we get that price. happy days. the stock piles high to 12. we made money. sad day it falls to 5 we get the stock at 5 if the order was not done at 7. High volume day likely it falls too quickly to excute the order we get it at 5, next day we are proven right. even at 7 we lose on paper two pts. before the 12 or 13 that we want. safe second way of getting a bargin limit orders.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.