Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 18
As with the last version of this person, if we ignore him he goes away. I just read his last post and wanted to reply soooo bad but I realized I would be wasting my breath so I am writing this as a plea to the rest of the Fools who actually like to DISCUSS/DEBATE topics relevant to AAPL to not reply to any of his posts no matter how ticked off they make you. I am in no way saying that his posts are not relevant, I'm just saying that there is never any debate from this person, they just keep qouting the same articles over and over and over etc. In summary IGNORE HIM. Do whatever it takes such as p-boxing him.

Agent
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
And leave his name out of the text and title.. I had the same inclination you did, AP. Virtually the same post as a day ago (to which I responded forgetting who it was). Where is that P-box....Lee
agentpreppie scribed:

As with the last version of this person, if we ignore him he goes away. I just read his last post and wanted to reply soooo bad but I realized I would be wasting my breath so I am writing this as a plea to the rest of the Fools who actually like to DISCUSS/DEBATE topics relevant to AAPL to not reply to any of his posts no matter how ticked off they make you. I am in no way saying that his posts are not relevant, I'm just saying that there is never any debate from this person, they just keep qouting the same articles over and over and over etc. In summary IGNORE HIM. Do whatever it takes such as p-boxing him.

Grasshopper, you might still be student but you are wise beyond your years. Worthy of a rec and a smiley face!

As to the poster... Same ole links. Same ole crapola. Big hat... no cattle.

2ndMillion
No. of Recommendations: 2
>As with the last version of this person, if we ignore him he goes away. >I just read his last post and wanted to reply soooo bad but I realized >I would be wasting my breath so I am writing this as a plea to the rest >of the Fools who actually like to DISCUSS/DEBATE topics relevant to >AAPL to not reply to any of his posts no matter how ticked off they >make you.

<Hangs head in shame>

I admit it. I responded to him before reading your excellant missive Agent. I just couldn't resist. I'm usually pretty good at ignoring things like this but I'm only human. I'm weak, I admit it. :)

Won't happen again. ;-)

Topaz 12
As with the last version of this person, if we ignore him he goes away.

Unfortunately, Karmi did not leave because he was ignored. That is because he was not ignored. Karmi was removed by TMF because of complaints. Simple as that.

TiPBG4, if he/she is a reincarnation, will not leave if ignored.

However, I think using the ignore option for a period of time is wise, just to see how he reacts. If, however, we learn it doesnt' work (and I suspect it won't given our reasonable assumption of reincarnation).

I'm willing to wait to see. But, complaining in the meantime should be done when the poster acts improperly (posting with the intent to disrupt, for instance).

Paul
No. of Recommendations: 2

I just ignore TiPBG4. I haven't p-boxed anyone yet.Can't say if that's right or wrong but it works for me. I don't put Plato in the same boat though. I think he expresses his opinion well no matter how wrong he is. I think it brings out some good thoughts from most of you who tend to argue with him. evilDave ,if you used the milk for your FoolCookies, then someone put something questionable in your cheerios. Get well soon.---s2p
No. of Recommendations: 6
Where is that P-box

It's the little frowny face next to the persons name. The smiley is to add them to your favorite fools (hint hint) and the frownie allows you to never read any of that persons ramblings again, even if they just change their username from one thing to another. If they just open a new account, you'll hear from them again. I very rarely use mine as I find that most people on the Fool, no matter how much I disagree with them, have at least something decent they are trying to say and will debate with you. The ones that don't debate go into my P-Box. Take for instance Plato, he'll post something that usually ticks everyone off here but it's thought out and he replies to our retorts, I admire that and don't p-box him for that. TiPBG4/Karmi just posts things to pi$$ us off and doesn't respond back to any of the messages in response to his/hers therefor he goes straight into the p-box.

Agent
No. of Recommendations: 3
I don't put Plato in the same boat though. I think he expresses his opinion well no matter how wrong he is. I think it brings out some good thoughts from most of you who tend to argue with him. s2p

I used to feel this way, but he has gotten worse. It seams he just looks for ways to start an argument. I'm about ready to pbox him next time he posts some irrelevant piece of garbage and tries to link it to AAPL.

...if you feel the urge... Don't wait!

P-Box Different... Do it NOW!

Julie
iDream, but
sorry we've decompensated into this drivel after a month or so of revival...