Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Is it possible to transfer the non-deductible portion of
a regular IRA to the new Roth (IRA Plus) type IRA? The
thought is that the non-deductible portion would have no
tax to be paid when transferring to the Roth IRA. Also,
what should be done concerning the 8086 non-deductible IRA tax form? This would greatly reduce the paper work necessary in keeping track of the taxable and non-taxable parts of non-deductible IRAs if all non-deductible money
was transferred to the new Roth IRA.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.