No. of Recommendations: 0
REITs?

VGSLX

V

Even the NoCount portfolio has a bit of it. ~5%

CNC
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
I think you will find more investors willing to comment on the Retirement Investing discussion board.

I think you describe a reasonably well diversified portfolio. No matter what there is still risk, but you have covered it quite well. Some would look for better returns with a mix including some more aggressive investments, but the ones you describe will not keep you awake at night.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Nothing wrong with your choices. I believe Vanguard offers equivalent ETFs (VTI, VSUX, BND), which may be worth comparing.

This might also be useful: https://www.fool.com/investing/etf/2018/01/21/the-3-top-tota...

Invest wisely my friends
No. of Recommendations: 2
Dear StockGoddess,

Years ago, I read a book by J.L. Collins called “The simple path to wealth”. In that book Jim Collins recommends an investing style very close to what you are pursuing. He makes a very compelling argument for VTSAX.

Some have started with bond and international fund allocations as well, but drifted over time into 100% equities. Jeremy & Winnie of the blog www.GoCurryCracker.com have now gone 100% equities in the VTSAX fund. I respect their insight into money matters and have been reading their blog for about three years now. I saw that over time, they also drifted to 100% VTSAX.

I sincerely hope that this information helps you feel good about your decision.

TQA
REITs?

VGSLX

V
REITs?

VGSLX

V

Even the NoCount portfolio has a bit of it. ~5%