Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Related but not...

My mom babysits her grandson a couple times a week. She was there the other day when she found out that her son-in-law's coworker's daughter's friend tested positive for the coronavirus. Yes, it's a chain of people, but now there's a fear of how it may impact their work at the factory as well as the health of all people involved directly and indirectly.

My mom is a healthy 61, and now she's staying at my sister's house. She may have been exposed there by her son-in-law, and she doesn't want to go home to her husband, an unhealthy 71, until people are cleared.

I talked to my brother-in-law (who works with the guy who may or may not have it) about it. FYI - he loves Trump, and he claims that his coworkers do too. He asked what I thought. I said that if the guy wears a mask at work, there's probably little chance of anything happening.

He said that nobody at work wears a mask.

I said...well, if he tests positive, your factory may get shut down for a couple of weeks out of an abundance of caution, or he will test negative and everything will be totally fine. It's quite a range of scenarios, but I suppose that anything could happen.

I recently read something from Baker Mayfield, the quarterback of the Cleveland Browns.

He said, "To me, it's not that damn hard. Just wear your masks. We all want to play football."

Or you can not wear a mask and risk your job, and risk the jobs of all your coworkers at a factory that's already struggling, and risk the lives of your coworkers, and risk the lives of your coworkers family members, etc.

Yes, most people won't die anyway. However, my dad is old and has high blood pressure, diabetes, and a form of muscular dystrophy. I don't think things would be promising for him. If you don't care about people that are old, overweight, have diabetes, asthma, or emphysema, I guess you have little to worry about.

I talked to my mom today. She said that my brother-in law said that the virus will be gone by the winter anyway.

I told her that I hope cancer is gone by then too.

TMFEdyboom223
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.