No. of Recommendations: 6
RADIOOOOO is a musical time machine that allows you to travel through space and time! Pick a country, pick a decade, and let yourself get carried away by the most beautiful musical collection in the world!

http://radiooooo.com/

RayB
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
RayB,

I cannot thank you enough. This is absolutely brilliant! It's alternative radio for all the decades, not the "oldies" played to death on braindead FM stations.

I'm listening to the 50s from the USA. In 10 songs, I have not yet heard a pop song which would classify as rock n' roll. Louis Prima, Dinah Washington, Nat King Cole, etc.

How did you find this?

This makes me want to go back before I was born.

This is some kind of good.
No. of Recommendations: 4
RADIOOOOO is a musical time machine that allows you to travel through space and time! Pick a country, pick a decade, and let yourself get carried away by the most beautiful musical collection in the world!

Hmmph. No way to search for Dr. Demento.

Kathleen
I remember Dr. Demento! It played Sunday nights on KMET here in Southern California. So funny!
No. of Recommendations: 1
Loved Dr. Demento
No way to search for Dr. Demento.

Featured here on the weekly "King Biscuit Flower Hour". Always looked forward to his top songs. Only remember a couple of them, such as "The Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati" and "Shaving Cream". There were many others but I just can't remember their names.

My grandmother thought he was a hoot.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 1
Featured here on the weekly "King Biscuit Flower Hour". Always looked forward to his top songs. Only remember a couple of them, such as "The Cockroach That Ate Cincinnati" and "Shaving Cream". There were many others but I just can't remember their names.

I got in trouble at work for singing some Dr. Demento Christmas songs in the showroom.

Some of my favorite Christmas songs were:
Christmas at Ground Zero
The 12 days of Christmas (as sung by Doug and Bob Mackenzie)
Sant Claus and His Old Lady

Some of my favorite non-Christmas songs:
Poisoning Pigeons in the Park
Sister Mary Elephant
Fish Heads
Billy was a Mountain (although he very rarely played it with it being half an hour long)
Dead Puppies

And loads of others, of course. Tom Lehrer was one of my top ten favorites.

Kathleen