Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
I have some questions regarding renewal of TMF membership:

1) Last year, I believe it was mentioned that each year, some people would get awarded a free membership (like they did last year). Is that still going to happen? If so, at what point will people be notified (if they haven't been yet).

2) The renewal page seems to force us into auto-renewal. That makes sense for the monthly charge, but not as much for the annual and tri-annual. Is there a way to NOT have to store my credit card on your servers? (yeah, yeah, it's secure, but that doesn't mean I want it stored in your database). Personally, I'd rather deal with the slight inconvenience of renewing manually each year than to have to worry about just how secure your database is and to worry about me forgetting to cancel my membership in time [should I choose to do so].

Thanks!

dsbrady
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
The renewal page seems to force us into auto-renewal. That makes sense for the monthly charge, but not as much for the annual and tri-annual. Is there a way to NOT have to store my credit card on your servers?

Hi dsbrady,

I want to distinguish between storing your credit card information and auto-rebill. Your encrypted card info will get stored on our secure servers irrespective of the auto-rebill function being on. If someone doesn't want auto-rebill to be on, they can send an email to boardmemberhelp@fool.com and ask that it be turned off for their account.

Best,

Bogey
No. of Recommendations: 1
2) The renewal page seems to force us into auto-renewal. That makes sense for the monthly charge, but not as much for the annual and tri-annual. Is there a way to NOT have to store my credit card on your servers?

The only way around it, which I have done, is used the credit card that I'm getting rid of when it expires in July, therefore if TMF try to auto renew on my card, they can't because it will not exist this time next year.

Sarah
No. of Recommendations: 3
Any chance TMF can refrain from doing the "online business as usual" thing by assuming a user wants to keep renewing year after year and auto charging the card? TMF is better than that. It would be nice to be able to renew for a single year through the form without having to jump through hoops or create a special email.

I assume this has been complained about before this thread , but I can only stand to read a few threads at a time on ITF. I just wanted to add my voice.

conick
(renewing, but not liking the process)