Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I have a '92 Integra and my brakes are getting really soft. Over the phone, my mechanic diagnosed it as the master cylinder. I trust this guy, (as far as I trust mechanics) but would like to have an idea about what sort of coin this will set me back. Can anyone offer any advice or point me towards a good resource for auto repair?

Thanks folks.

Snow52
Print the post Back To Top
I have a '92 Integra and my brakes are getting really soft. Over the phone, my mechanic diagnosed it as the master cylinder. I trust this guy, (as far as I trust mechanics) but would like to have an idea about what sort of coin this will set me back. Can anyone offer any advice or point me towards a good resource for auto repair?

Relatively cheap repair. Master cylinders are usually not hard to get to, and rebuilt units don't cost that much. Some exotic braking systems have lots of hoops to jump through to bleed them, but I'd expect the Integra to be pretty straightforward.

Twit
Anyone know the reputation of El Paso mechanics and body shops? I have a '93 Maxima pushing 99K, and I wanna give her a makeover for her birthday. It would be mostly cosmetic, like the scratches on the trunk, ding removal on the back bumper and driver's side wheel well, and the rust around the moulding on the front passenger door.