Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I converted some IRA to Roth in 12/98. Now, I found I can't because of the $100K MAGI limit; and have to recharacterize it back to IRA.

Do I have to wait for the 1099R for the recharacterization before I file my tax return? If no, will I be getting a routine letter from IRS saying that my numbers don't jive with the 1099Rs ??

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.