Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Reposting marcusfan's message with line-wrapping...

I'm going to the echo the others. 5500 miles in 16 days is a lot. A lot. You are going to be so tired of driving that you will not enjoy whatever it is that you are going to see. Driving an RV is not like driving a car. You have to anticipate what everyone else is going to do. People do not understand that they are supposed to speed up and merge into traffic on an entrance ramp on the freeway. Therefore they just continue to drive 35 while you see them in the middle of your RV and are forced to slow down so they can merge without crashing into you. You're driving in an unfamiliar area, you don't know what lane to be in and you can't just change lanes in an instant, you have to anticipate. It's stressful. And you want to spend 7 hours a day doing it and then try to do something fun when all you really want to do is crack open a beer and relax?

It's not that I'm trying to talk you out of it, I'm just suggesting that you adjust your route or perhaps adjust the number of things you try to see on your trip. It will help a lot if your wife is going to drive. It will be a trip that you and the kids will never forget. But Other than Yellowstone Im not sure you need to be booked in advance. As far as apps, I like RV Parky. And for gas I like gas buddy.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.