Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
At least not in AZ. Three prominent Reps have been "censured". Two for breaking ranks and supporting Biden, and our governor for doing his job!!

If I didn't already know it, I would now be convinced that the AZ Rep Party is beyond redemption.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/23/politics/arizona-gop-cens...

I get the McCain and Flake thing. It's stupid, and I think the Party should have turned on Trump in favor of Biden. That's what real patriots do: they put country before party. But Ducey? He's been a Trumpie all the way. His COVID restrictions were actually laughable. It was his duty to protect his citizens, and he failed in that duty with only minimal restrictions that had lots of exceptions (e.g. nail salons? I mean, really...nail salons are "essential"?).

Yes, it was an impingement of civil liberties. That's what governments have to do sometimes. It's their responsibility to see to the well-being of its citizens. Was it an impingement of civil liberties to enforce blackout conditions on coastal cities and towns in WWII?? Yes it was. It was also necessary as part of the national interest and safety of the US people (i.e. had Hitler won the war, I think we can safely say that would not have been in Americans' best interests). By the way, people complained about that too at the time.

Anyway, I guess the Reps don't consider 12000+ dead Arizonans to be a problem. Small price to pay for keeping the golf courses and nail salons open, eh?

Like I said...beyond redemption. Hopefully most of those 12000 deaths were Reps. Then maybe the Party will have diminished influence and we can go back to sensible governing. Based on the number of pickup trucks flying Trump flags (and in some yards, even 2 months after the election), I'm not counting on it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.