Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 19

$253 million for Enron, the greedy Houston company that illegally caused the spot energy power shortages, in the "stimulus package"??? What the hell for? That's like giving--well--money to the airlines for being so ineffective at security. That's not anti-terror, that's merely pro-contributor. (And still DeLay won't even let the House vote on the federalizing of airport security--just another case of a republican drowning out democracy for the sake of protecting a corporate contributor or two.)
___

According to Frank Rich in today's NYT, Planned Parenthood has experience with Anthrax scares, from many rightwing nut threats. They have been trying to lend their expertise to the DOJ and the FBI. But because Ashcroft is so determinedly right-to-life, they aren't even allowed to meet with anyone.
____

Why did it take the FBI a week beyond the first death to conclude that Anthrax was indeed being used against us?
___

The Red Cross fired their CEO yesterday, for a few minor points that most were comfortable with but were nonetheless less than forthright.

Conversely, even beyond the colossal failure of intelligence, the CIA has twice authorized the bombing of a Red Cross building in Afghanistan, and the director of that organization is doing swimmingly.

I thought this government was supposed to run like a compassionate corporation. It is running more like a minor league bootleg operation in Chicago circa 1933.
___

The FBI has held 900 prisoners since 9/11 for interrogation. Total charges made: 0.
____

Tom Ridge was pro-choice, so he was automatically ineligible for a significant cabinet postion. But he was picked for the new office of Homeland Security because the pro-life amateurs in the White House can't handle their jobs.
___

Still think there's no difference between Democrat and Republican? These people in the cabinet are mostly rank amateurs, far from the best of America, even far from the best of LowestCommonDenominator Republican America. They don't know how to fight terrorism; all they know how to do is to keep corporations well-greased and give more money to the elements of government that need and deserve it least.
___

Really, you people who are so happy with Shrub--how can you sleep at night?

jps

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Here's another little tidbit for you...

Saudi Arabia and Egypt will not forward passenger lists of airplanes which originate in their countries and expect to land in ours.

Every other country does so.

- T.
No. of Recommendations: 15
You looking for hypocrisy?

* You wanna hear about the Clinton administration complaining about other countries including Mexico not opening up for international trade while obstructing trade from Mexico to the US because unions claim that Mexican trucks are unsafe?

* You wanna hear about the Clinton administration complaining about developing countries not living up to US labor standards after pressure from labor unions wanting to allow for trade protection against such countries while complaining that developing countries such as China aren't opening up for international trade. This caused the collapse of WTO's meeting in Seattle.

* You wanna explain why Bush is more neutral than Clinton in the Israel-Palestine conflict?

* You wanna hear a bunch of stories about hypocrisy?

You wrote:

Still think there's no difference between Democrat and Republican?

Nope, there are differences. The differences are explained by the people/organizations that pay their campaigns. The similarity is that they are all in the pockets of the people who finance their campaigns.

Datasnooper.
No. of Recommendations: 1
$253 million for Enron, the greedy Houston company that illegally caused the spot energy power shortages, in the "stimulus package"??? What the hell for?

Is that an actual line item of Enron stimulation, or just their take from some generic corporate tax cut?

Check out NYT and Wash Post stories on Abdul Haq being more or less hung out to dry while being the only person to actually try and advance Afghan Pashtun organization...
No. of Recommendations: 39
Really, you people who are so happy with Shrub--how can you sleep at night?

jps

Easy. I still comfortably slip into bed one butt cheek at a time and doze off to the lonely radio tunes broadcasted from distant transmission towers across the dark night ........ knowing full well that rip roaring unabashed partisans like yourself, despite the most horrendous foreign attack on America soil, still have an uncompromised and unmuzzled dissenting voice , however juvenile and silly. Our nation is still strong, resolved and politically unmolested and whole.

As we speak, there are countless individuals, sworn to uphold the US Constitution at the risk of their lives for yours and mine, who are 9000 miles away, flying Mach 2 into a maze of blazing anti-aircraft fire, making corn mush out of the very people, institutions and infrastructure that wish to deny you your loud mouthed rants here on the Fool and to wholly destroy you.

The day I am forbidden from reading and cringing at every nuance and syllable of your words is the day that I fail to plant my cheeks firmly into bed and suffer from insomnia.

Jeanpaulsartre, continue to rant forth and do so loudly. Your shrill voice serves as the siren of freedom and is the constant reminder to me and the rest of the world why we will resolutely defend freedom to the end.

Sleep tight, I know I will.
No. of Recommendations: 5
Jeanpaulsartre, continue to rant forth and do so loudly. Your shrill voice serves as the siren of freedom and is the constant reminder to me and the rest of the world why we will resolutely defend freedom to the end.

Thank you AOLFoolman for suggesting a perspective on this person's posts that I had not considered entertaining.

I will confess that I pretty much skip over his posts not so much because I disagree with them but because they are so tedious and seem to be pretty much stuck in the same rut without ever adding anything new or interesting.

Because of time constraints I generally skim a few boards and check out the posts with substantial recs which is why yours caught my eye. Well said although I could have done without the one butt cheek at a time visual.
No. of Recommendations: 7

As we speak, there are countless individuals, sworn to uphold the US Constitution at the risk of their lives for yours and mine, who are 9000 miles away, flying Mach 2 into a maze of blazing anti-aircraft fire, making corn mush out of the very people, institutions and infrastructure that wish to deny you your loud mouthed rants here on the Fool and to wholly destroy you.

As we speak, lazy, good-for-nothing fiftysomething white male morons who only care about their budget and their paychecks are sending them there.

I have no ill towards servicemen and women--I think they're just as noble as firefighters and police officers. I have entire ill will toward the people who so thoughtlessly put them in harms way, because they have been too lazy to bother to learn how they should work to protect the country from their comfy Georgetown lofts.

As we speak, those flying at Mach 2 are massacering civilians purposelessly, while our enemy only grows stronger, and all because our military power elite feel obliged to do something during this period that we don't have an effing clue about what we really should be doing.

jps
No. of Recommendations: 33
I have no ill towards servicemen and women--I think they're just as noble as firefighters and police officers. I have entire ill will toward the people who so thoughtlessly put them in harms way, because they have been too lazy to bother to learn how they should work to protect the country from their comfy Georgetown lofts.

If you're talking about our intelligence not picking up specifically on the WTC and Pentagon attacks from Al Qaeda, yes they failed. It's been reported that we realized that something big was imminent but had no specifics. However your flimsy attribution of this failure to lazyness is unwarranted. Probably the biggest contribution to the failure was that R. Torricelli pushed to disallow our intelligence agents from associating and paying off freelance terrorist rift rafts, thus severely hampering our ability gain access and infiltrate networks. Instead of relying on ground intelligence, we emphasized hi-tech.

Having said that however, you also neglect a number of terrorist attempts that were successfully thwarted in the past several years........the bombing of LAX, the bombing of Holland Tunnel in NY and number of terrorist attempting to enter the US through Cananda (I believe Seattle was their target).

As we speak, those flying at Mach 2 are massacering civilians purposelessly, while our enemy only grows stronger, and all because our military power elite feel obliged to do something during this period that we don't have an effing clue about what we really should be doing.

Purposelessly??? We're bombing Afghanistan purposelessly?? Hello. The Talibans harbored and abetted Bin Ladin. We are destroying their communication systems, terrorist training camps, infrastructure, artillery and have recently targeted their front line. No they are not growing stronger, their supplies are dwindling. However, they are digging deep into their hideouts and for the most part, at least for now, are avoiding the attacks. But I guess in our age of sounds bites and fast food restaurants, many impatient types with the attention span of a 5 year old believe that 3 weeks should suffice to destroy the very people who were able to kick the Soviet's asses in a 10 year war?? We will win. If it takes ground troops our tactical nuclear weapons, we will win. The free world depends on it.

As for civilian causalties, JPS, if you have any brilliant ideas for me, the Pentagon, the free world who respect human rights, or the ghosts of Truman, Johnson, Napoleon or Alexander the Great about how civilian casualties can be absolutely avoided when heavy warfare and aerial bombing is involved, precision bombing notwithstanding, we would love to hear it. We're waiting for a solution that no other Lieutenant, Sargent or General in history has ever developed.

It's been quite apparent what the Talibans are doing is cowardly hiding their tanks, vehicles and artillery in Mosques, schools, and hospitals, hoping that our very weakness (respect for life)in their view would blunt our attacks. Obviously this isn't happening. Giving in to this tactic would only further encourage its use in the future.

As we speak, lazy, good-for-nothing fiftysomething white male morons who only care about their budget and their paychecks are sending them there.

Best line of your post. Amazing how you can ridiculously inject the issues of race, gender and age when there is none.

Yeah, only white males in their fifties are involved in the war effort......no women, no Hispanics, no blacks, or even white males in the 30s or 40s are involved in commanding and assisting in the war effort.

Such blanket racist and sexist from you only reveal one thing...........you are the very epitome of what you despise.

No. of Recommendations: 2

You left out the part about them being mostly Protestant heterosexuals.

No. of Recommendations: 1
freelance terrorist rift rafts

AOL, you are my pal, but you have given me a gigglefit that won't quit here.

No. of Recommendations: 3

I dunno, all this talk about Cheney's "undisclosed location" has me a'wondering.

No. of Recommendations: 7

Indeed I did. Fiftysomething white male morons were the only traits I have been able to observe when I see them preening for the cameras. Protestant hetero I have no clue about. But I do wish the people doing all the talking looked more like America.

jps
No. of Recommendations: 3
But I do wish the people doing all the talking looked more like America.

Zay wanted to use Condoleeza in zis role, but she much too busy making zee cafe!