Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Who is this writer today, June 12 '00, of Yahoo Siri message board message #13259 who says in that message "don't be surprized" if the June launch of SIRI is delayed?

Based on what does he/she/it make the comment?

This is again to my prior recent points of "intentional falsehoods" and misleading statements made by posters.

For my money the poster of this above noted message on the Yahoo Sirius message board should have his/her/its financial account published by Yahoo's omniscient gnomic overseers so we can all see what his/hers/its motives are.

But, as I recently noted, not the facts, but only curse words and swear words is what interests these overseers on these message boards.

Perhaps someone here from Motley Fool who has a Yahoo account can ask the knave of Yahoo message #13259 what the purpose of his short selling rhetoric is.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Who is this writer today, June 12 '00, of Yahoo Siri message board message #13259 who says in that message "don't be surprized" if the June launch of SIRI is delayed?

Based on what does he/she/it make the comment?

His/her information is at least as good as the information used by that JOwens guy - the one who was real impressed with himself, and who solemnly declared to anyone who would listen that a March launch was a done deal.

Given the speculative nature of this stock, I don't understand all the fuss about the price going down in a down market. SIRI holders should thank their lucky stars that the bull market lasted long enough for the company to get most of the financing done. That recent revolver/warrant deal is just a taste of the dilution holders of this stock would have had to endure if the company had sought financing in a normal market environment.

Neither long nor short right now, if anyone cares.
No. of Recommendations: 0
That was a pretty insignificant post to pick on; much more egregious examples of "short selling rhetoric" can be found on any Yahoo board.

That poster is just somebody who doesn't think much of SIRI's prospects. In my opinion, he uses faulty arguments (no point in going into them here), but that's his privilege. At least he uses arguments; many posters don't bother. I can't remember whether he ever said he's short. Don't care either.

As for a launch delay, I wouldn't be surprised either. Isn't the launch already delayed from original plans? This is rocket science; nothing ever happens on schedule. I just hope the delays aren't too long.

--CapnBligh
Long SIRI since 2/00 @ 48.43