No. of Recommendations: 0
Would've been up a half point if gas prices hadn't declined.

Hard to paint a gloomy economic picture given the numbers that are coming out.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Hard to paint a gloomy economic picture given the numbers that are coming out.

That won't stop us from trying!
Got a link?
No. of Recommendations: 2
I just saw "JC Penny surges as sales decline slows" on BNN.... guess that's not it eh!

I almost never say anything good about retail. Wandering around Costco last night to pick up a chicken for supper I was checking out the "Prizes" and sampling the offerings while waiting for the fresh ones to come off the spit (there were none on the counter). I stumbled on a product that I buy often in grocery stores but at a price far below what I'm used to paying. There was another shopper standing in my way and she turned to me and asked about it. We got into a discussion that turned into a love fest for Costco. Once I retrieved my prize to head back to the chicken counter she laughed and said "I actually work here but I'm off today".

The chicken wasn't quite ready but I heard a staff member pick up his radio when someone called asking about "a customer asking about German ham" and replied "He means Black Forest ham its on special I'll get it for him".

I got my chicken, threw it in the cart with my other prizes and headed for the checkout, their was only one person in line and I was through in seconds with my $78 worth of prizes and chicken. These people are worth their relatively high salary.

Any <There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast> mouse
I just saw "JC Penny surges as sales decline slows" on BNN....

You can thank me for that. I bought some new skivies a couple weeks ago.

<There is no snooze button on a cat who wants breakfast>

You're lucky yours waits for breakfast. My Aunt's new cat woke her up at 2am because the food bowl was empty.

Steve
You're lucky yours waits for breakfast. My Aunt's new cat woke her up at 2am because the food bowl was empty.

Steve

Yeah mine just ruined my afternoon nap because she wanted more of the leftover Costco chicken that she knows is in the fridge. }};-()

She is well passed the normal shelf life for a Persian at over 17 years so we just pretty well give her whatever she wants.

We are leaving for Vancouver in two weeks for Christmas and "grandpa" (my 89 year old FIL) will be moving into the condo to take care of her, the two of them love each other. He likes the condo and the rest of the family are relieved when he is here instead of trying to shovel the snow off his long driveway out at "the lake".

"New cats" often have food aggression if they have been sharing at their former home. It can take 2-3 months for them to get over it.

Any <Way down deep, we’re all motivated by the same urges. Cats have the courage to live by them .~Jim Davis> mouse
No. of Recommendations: 1
"New cats" often have food aggression if they have been sharing at their former home. It can take 2-3 months for them to get over it.

That figures. My Aunt picked up "Lisa" at a cat rescue in Columbus.

http://www.colonycats.org/index.html

Their store is in a mall, but they don't use cages in the store, all the cats run loose.

The Colony Cats Adoption Center is a completely different experience in sheltering homeless companion cats. While most of our felines still live in foster homes, we now can bring them out into the public with our cage free adoption center. Cats can do what comes naturally – jump, run, climb, and play; but only until they find their way into your heart and home.

She has commented before what a chowhound Lisa is. Apparently, Lisa was winning in the food fight as my Aunt asked the person in the store "you sure this cat isn't pregnant? she looks like she is." Lisa isn't sharing with 20 or 30 cats anymore, but she still has to share with Psychocat.

Colony Cats got a bonus with my Aunt. She shops at Kroger and has their "plus" card, but doesn't use the reward points because she can't figure out how to use them at the gas pump. Fortunately, Kroger has a number of charities in the Columbus area set up so you can assign your bonus points to the charity, so she had me set up Colony Cats to receive her points.

Steve