No. of Recommendations: 4
Here is the name of a book that I've read and enjoyed by a man, Jeff Yeager, AARP's budget conscious columnist, that gave me some ideas: How to Retire the Cheapskate Way, published in 2013.

He has at least 3 other books I've read, as well as writing for AARP and Bankrates.com. He was first dubbed "The Ultimate Cheapskate" by Matt Lauer on NBC's Today show.

He has a great sense of humor and worked for many non-profit corporations, including stints as CEO and fund-raiser.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sounds like it's worth checking out.

Here's a link to the book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/How-Retire-Cheapskate-Way-Cheapskates-...

However since I am frugal, I found it on my library's website and just requested it.

David
No. of Recommendations: 1
So what bright ideas did he have that you can pass on?

So far this fall, feeding my wood stove has kept things warm, even with slightly sub freezing overnight temperature the past couple of days! It also gives me all the hot water I need as well.

Seattle Pioneer
No. of Recommendations: 2
SP asks,

Retirees have more leisure time than us working folks. If most of ones time is spent pursuing expensive pass times, then it is possible for living expenses to go up after retirement.

However when I retire, I plan to indulge in activities that will help me maintain or even lower my expenses after retirement.

For example I love good food--so I am currently taking series of cooking lessons. This way I'll be able to prepare gourmet meals with inexpensive ingredients. Cooking will be both a enjoyable pass time and money saving activity.
No. of Recommendations: 1
<<SP asks,

Retirees have more leisure time than us working folks. If most of ones time is spent pursuing expensive pass times, then it is possible for living expenses to go up after retirement.

However when I retire, I plan to indulge in activities that will help me maintain or even lower my expenses after retirement.

For example I love good food--so I am currently taking series of cooking lessons. This way I'll be able to prepare gourmet meals with inexpensive ingredients. Cooking will be both a enjoyable pass time and money saving activity. >>

A wise and accurate observation, in my experience, and an excellent way to adapt!

Sounds like you have a promising retirement planned!

Seattle Pioneer