Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am pleased that the portfolios were retired because I disagree with the Foolish 4 for the main reason that I believe it was viable only because of the dividend support it once provided and now does not.

I believe that this bear market fortunately caught all of these just like it caught most all of us this year and has taught us all a conservative lesson.

I would prefer that, because some day I will retire, this board instead establish some other formula or other portfolios with emphasis on preservation of capital and appreciation which could hopefully beat bonds for retirement. Perhaps some voting like in coming up with the NOW index by the members could come up with good ideas. To have none is to give up.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.