Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0

I have a few questions to ask you FOOL regarding retirement. I am thinking about opening a discount brokerage account for my ROTH IRA. Can one buy share of stocks and then sell them within the ROTH IRA account? Beside the transaction fees charged through the discount brokerage, is there a penalty for doing those transaction? Is there a time frame limit that you must hold on to your stock before selling them? For example, in your regular stock account (not retirement), if you sell your stock less then a year, you would pay higher penalty taxes then if you sell them after a year. Does that restriction applies to the retirement account, especiall ROTH IRA? I am thinking of seeking out a tax advisor regarding if I should roll over my traditional IRA to ROTH IRA. Do any of you know a good tax advisor who is not too expensive? Thanks!
Print the post  


When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.