Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
There have been some interesting threads here about assisted living and other elements of life in retirement, but I wanted to start a new one, perhaps suggesting various other aspects to discuss. I have not made it a poll because I think that tends to limit what people can say. How about your views on the following -- and perhaps other topics about "retired living"?

If you have not yet retired, do you have your own home, or do you live in an apartment or condo?

Would you like to retire to a condo or another private home? Or would you prefer moving to one of the so-called "retirement villages" or even "assisted living" facilities?

Have you carefully considered the cost of retirement in the style and location you envision?

Do you prefer being surrounded by others or do you prefer peace and quiet in your own home, perhaps situated on a sizable chunk of land?

Where do you live now -- in the country, city or where? What part of the country? Would you want to change that or would you like to remain in the same area?

Are you alone or part of a couple or family? Do you envision being alone in retirement?

What else have you thought about or dreamed of in retirement?

If you are already retired now, are you happy with your choice(s)? Or do you envision changing?

Just a few thoughts. What else can we discuss here?

Happy New Year, again!

Vermonter
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.