Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I will probably go see a tax accountant on this subject but maybe someone here can point me to the right type of retirement account, if there is one available.

I own 2 buildings and rent them out to 4 businesses. These buildings are under an S-Corporation (with me as president) and all rent is reported to this corporation. I then draw my living expenses out of this corporation. My only other income is some CD's and stock dividends. I have no other income. So all my income is from rents, interest and dividends---I do not work for anyone else or have another job.

So a traditional or roth ira is not available since I have no "working" income (according to my regular accountant). Is there another type of ira available to someone with no "working" income? I know there are other ira type accounts and I am just starting to investigate ira's but I just thought I would start here and hopefully take a 'shortcut' into the dd. What little I have seen seems to indicate I must be "physically working" in a self-employeed job or for someone else to put money into an ira account.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.