Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I've known MF for a few yrs & followed them on Yahoo Finance but never visited MF website (stupid me) until 2 months ago. I'm 47, just quitted my job & consisder retired. My wife is 40 & will likely work 10 more yrs & 1 kid age 5. My total asset is 1.3 mil, consisted of cash-250k,bond-200k,stk-250k, mutual fund(equity) 400k & real est.-200k(been listening to the wise-asset allocation). Total debt of 50k and annual living exp. amounted to 50k. I knew I had been ultra conservative in my investment(was a value investor) and not at all proud of my investment returns. I started in 1980 with $743 and ends up today with 1.25 mil. Assuming I saved & invested 15k annually, what will be my investment returns? I read that $1 mil is not what it used to be and I had gone through a few retirement prog's which confirmed that I had sufficient money to retire. My friends all stated I was too early to retire. Am I Wrong in my estimation and how will I re-structure my portfolio with 80% invested. Thanks
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.