Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think you're right in one way. No, of course not. And I've seen Larry Page on his ISLAND in the Caribbean and ah geez. The problem is how to give it back. Giving it to a government through taxation I don't feel any of it will reach who needs it. Right into politicians pockets. But most ppl could use some extra.

On the other hand. I've known a lot of French men and they don't invent much any more, they don't stretch , try or care. Ennui. One French guy said the harder he worked and made more and made efforts to build business that would employ many, the government takes it in taxes and as much as they riot and strike It doesn't appear they are altogether pleased with what their government does with 70 % tax brackets.

And they'd need to be closed in. The Top 1% is a very wide spectrum. 70% taxes would destroy many. Be nothing to others.

But I feel happy with my life and my sister in laws brother sold his business for 1 Bill when that was like WOOOOW!!!. And it didn't bring him any more happiness and she turned down offers of millions from them. She had what she wanted and needed and created herself. She was happy.

So, I guess I just think about my abilities and desires and I don't really care about Bezos bank account or whoevers...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.