No. of Recommendations: 0
What is the best retirement planning software on the market today? I am not looking for retirement calculators that we can find on the web. I am looking for very comprehensive software. I used Quicken Financial Planner but Quicken no longer offers this. In addition, I found my situation is more complicated than what Quicken software can handle. Thanks for your helps.
Print the post Back To Top
I found MS Money very useful. It has many of the former Quicken functions, but offers more detailed information and greater flexibility. Additionally, if you are using the MS Money program for your investment portfolio, the planning segment is 'aware' of your investments, saving the keying of the data over and over.

I chose this over many of the online calculators because of privacy issues and because it offers lots of 'what if' capability.

It worked for me - now retired!!!!
It sounds like you would like a very detailed report, that takes into consideration everything. I don't know of a program that will help you, but you may find that a financial planner can provide you with a detailed report for less than the cost of a complex program. A fee based planner will charge you for the financial plan. Be up front and tell him/her you are a do it yourselfer invester. A good detailed plan covering education planning, retirement planning, estate planning, insurance planning, ect. can easily be 50 pages and I have seen some upwards of 500 pages.

Be Foolish and Prosper,

Michael A