Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
My husband's company will allow him to purchase 2 years of service credit. (basically just give them the money they would have deducted from his paycheck if he had worked those 2 years + the interest that would have accrued ~$8000).

Does anyone know what the tax situation is with this sort of "contribution"? Is it the same as the payroll deductions for retirement he is paying now - ie before tax dollars that will lower his income?

I am trying to get info from the company but would like other input.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.