No. of Recommendations: 2
Revenues by Zs are not the same as by most other companies. Why? Higher switching costs, but more than this, after year 1 the revenue stream has very little marginal cost. Compare this to a Nutanix that has to go out and earn its sales every year and pay commissions on it every year

I don’t think that Nutanix is the best opposite to ZS here. The average subscription to Nutanix software is 3.6 years and we’ve already discussed the 72% and accelerating growth in deferred revenue. 6.3x in 3 years to $700M+. I compared to AYX and AYX increased just under 3x over same period, but will see how ZS does in this department. They looked good in the call. I think it likely that in long term analysis ZS is not any better than NTNX in this particular comparison.

Darth
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.