Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
review my post #1754, and you might want to review the context as well. the advantage of glucose tablets is they are made to rapidly dissolve. but as i said, i think they are unnecessarily expensive. just don't rely on something that will take time to digest, like cookies or crackers etc. even sweet ones, while they might work, are not worth the gamble. juice is best, or, next time you are in a restaurant, swipe 6 bags of sugar that are always at the table for coffee. three to four of those will be enough - 1 teaspoon = ~ 5 gm of sugar. after several instances at which you check your blood sugar 1hr later, you will figure out what you need to titrate back to normal.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.