Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

rfaramir - I feel like I hardly have time to join the OWS crowd in pointing out that there is foul play contributing to the widening gap between the rich and the poor, I spend so much time trying to point out that the most prevalent (and obvious) methods of narrowing the gap will make the country a far sight worse off.

We ought to stop government from giving money (including tax credits) to corporations and wealthy people, including farmers, end subsidies and tariffs, strip government of the power to do those things in the future, and let everyone seeking to make a profit fend for himself. OWS types, from what I can tell, have given up on that, and just want clawbacks. It's like trying to get a $2,000 bonus that will bankrupt your employer when you should be getting tools to be more productive and earning a $200/week raise. Very shortsighted and destructive.

How are you doing at convincing the right? 

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.