No. of Recommendations: 0
RHinCT: On the one hand I think it sounds like a DRM problem. Digital Rights Management.

Try googling music cd drm.

On the other hand, the CD standard does not allow DRM. Though some record companies tried it anyway.

Are those disks all read-only originals? Any of them burned copies? MP3s?

These are rather elderly CD's for the most part. Bought at the store. The Countess has collected them over the years.

Is the link to the Pioneer digital? If so, the format being sent might be one the Pioneer DAC doesn’t handle.

Coax wire from the Denon to the Pioneer (Which is stereo only - no surround sound.) Nothing fancy.

As for surround sound, there is very little going on on the audio side, but in Home Theatre it is huge.

Heh. I do have a Denon DVD player. It isn't even plugged in to the TV. I can see the lack of interest in audio surround sound, but the Denon does have artificial surround sound so all five speakers get sound. We did rent the first Jurasssic Park DVD and it was fun to hear the little critters go behind us.

For now, if she really wants to hear certain of her CD's she will just have to go to my office to hear them.

She had an inspiration: Some of the "problem children" seem to be ADD or even AAD, so the original material was analog and later remastered. One Petula Clark CD was made in in England and has no indication. From its age, likely the original was analog.

Thanks very much for your input. This has been a bit of an education.

CNC
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.