Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Hey All,

Well, I broke in the new smoker last weekend and was incredibly pleased. I cooked a chicken and a couple of slabs of ribs. Everything came out about 3 times better than what I would get trying to indirect cook with my 22 inch kettle. I am so very glad I made the jump up to this smoker.

Which brings me to the point of my post. I tried an apple based marinade and sauce for the ribs and, while I thought it was good, I think next time I'd like to try a more traditional rib approach. Namely, I'd like to do something more NC style. I could probably find 50 recipes for a vinegar-style sauce and marinade, but I thought I'd come seek guidance from the experts. Enlighten me, smokey ones!

Grill On,
Joe
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.