Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 4
Richard,

As usual, you've done an incredible job here. One point I would make, though I don't think it is by any means an insurmountable obstacle, is:

6) Staff Reuse

Using staff on disability to work from home allows health management companies to use the
services of nurses who can't otherwise work. A nurse typically earns $40,000 the cost of 11
network licenses. In the US nurses are being hooked up to 15 patients and their pay savings are
covering the costs of the network []. Although this could be a general benefit for all health
monitoring I feel that the network facilitates this process.

It will not be a given that nurses will be willing to do this (monitor from home OR monitor from the hospital IN ADDITION to their regular duties), nearly all are union employees (atleast in the bigger cities), and have specific contracts. I'm not saying they won't want to do this, but they won't do it without a commensurate raise in pay. So there will be some additional staff administration cost to the hospital.

Thanks for the great job.

Tim
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.