Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry for tearing you all away from trailer hitch and canoe talk, but riddle me this:

Last year, a piece of rocker molding delaminated on the driver's side of my VW. Go to dealer, get part, $24, take it home, snap it on.

This year same piece of molding, passenger side, peels apart. So today, I go to the same dealer, get mirror image part, $38, take it home . . . wait a rootin' tootin' minute here. Why is this one $14 more than the other one, Mr Parts Guy?

Mr. Parts Guy is initially baffled. He calls up the driver's side part on the very, very cool 3-D exploded-view VW parts software. Sure as siht, the driver's side part is still $14.

Mirror image parts, same material, same length, same color, same everyting. What gives? Anyone? Eudaimon? Lee? Mopp? Behuller?

5Speed, listing to starboard on this one.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.