Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
They are cutting food stamp benefits today. Food banks, already overwhelmed, will be swamped.

Righties like to go down to the food banks and yell "loser" at the people going in.

Have a great day righties. Do you send greeting cards to your friends as part of the celebration?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
They are cutting food stamp benefits today. Food banks, already overwhelmed, will be swamped.

Righties like to go down to the food banks and yell "loser" at the people going in.

Have a great day righties. Do you send greeting cards to your friends as part of the celebration?

SNIP
"The number of people on food stamps jumped to nearly 48 million in July from about 26 million in 2007, before the recession started, the government said.
The increase is due to a rise in the number of people who lost their jobs and needed food assistance, government efforts to increase food stamp usage by families that didn't know they were eligible, and relaxed eligibility standards in some states, the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities says."

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/11/01/Food-stam...

But...you libs keep telling us the prez economy and the job market is improving. If this is true (you libs wouldn't lie to us, would you?), then the one time funding for this program can be allowed to expire and benefits return to normal levels.
So we can all thank the prez for the improvements in the economy and the job market....Right?...
No. of Recommendations: 1
So we can all thank the prez for the improvements in the economy and the job market....Right?...

Correct.

When will GWB accept responsibility for causing the economic failure in the first place? Or will conservatives keep dancing and refuse to accept "personal responsibility"?
When will GWB accept responsibility for causing the economic failure in the first place? Or will conservatives keep dancing and refuse to accept "personal responsibility"?

lollollollollol.......the prez has had five years to deliver and you bring up Bush? Get Real.
No. of Recommendations: 4
the prez has had five years to deliver and you bring up Bush? Get Real.

The subject was the economic recovery. In order to have established the need for such a recovery requires acknowledgment of the failure of the economy in the first place. Since the economic failure did NOT happen under Obama, that leaves GWB. Which means you are *still* dancing around "personal responsibility" after more than ten years.... ROFLMAO !!!
The subject was the economic recovery. In order to have established the need for such a recovery requires acknowledgment of the failure of the economy in the first place. Since the economic failure did NOT happen under Obama, that leaves GWB. Which means you are *still* dancing around "personal responsibility" after more than ten years.... ROFLMAO !!!

Face the truth jerry...the prez said he could deliver America out of the Bush economy and jobs would be his priority...the prez failed. It's no wonder you are rotflyourao fantasizing it's all Bush's fault...the fact has finally sunk in the prez could not deliver. The prez failed...say it our loud, it might help you to get up off the floor and face the truth.
No. of Recommendations: 8
Face the truth jerry...the prez said he could deliver America out of the Bush economy and jobs would be his priority...the prez failed.

Well, at least he tried. If Republicans hadn't consistently blocked his efforts at every opportunity, he'd probably have had more success.
From the perspective of GOP terrorist traitors both fetuses and veterans are a waste of resources once they survive their political uses.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2013/11...
Well, at least he tried. If Republicans hadn't consistently blocked his efforts at every opportunity, he'd probably have had more success.

Riiiiight...the buck doesn't stop here...pass it on...find someone else to blame the prez failures on...I mean, the prez is only a community organizer...the prez is not savvy enough to run a whole country...he was use to running small neighborhoods in Chicago. Give the guy a break.
No. of Recommendations: 25
the prez said he could deliver America out of the Bush economy and jobs would be his priority...

He has delivered. Conservatives simply do NOT want to admit how successful Obama has been with regard to the recovery. And he did it WITHOUT having 25+% of the new jobs being govt jobs at all levels--which was how Reagan "created" all those jobs. Obama created ALL his job growth in the private sector. Govt employment went DOWN under Obama--so ALL employment must be private sector. That fact must really burn. It is from BLS statistics....
He has delivered. Conservatives simply do NOT want to admit how successful Obama has been with regard to the recovery

Right. That means your side will stop complaining about the Food Stamp cuts and veterans not able to find jobs...yep, the prez economy is purring along.
No. of Recommendations: 0
That means your side will stop complaining about the Food Stamp cuts and veterans not able to find jobs.

Complaints about Food Stamps will end when they are no longer needed. As long as there is at least ONE vet wanting a job--the problem exists and needs to be addressed.
Complaints about Food Stamps will end when they are no longer needed. As long as there is at least ONE vet wanting a job--the problem exists and needs to be addressed.

The prez is running out of time. He has already wasted five years blaming everyone else for his failed economy and unemployment. When can we expect any real results from him?
The prez is running out of time. He has already wasted five years blaming everyone else for his failed economy and unemployment. When can we expect any real results from him?

That is one interpretation- and one that cannot be disputed. The problem, though, is that the economy, or unemployment, are not either good or bad propositions. There are degrees of each.

Anyone who has experience with large, complex budgets knows that when your bottom line is less bad than projected, you are doing well.

I don't pretend to know where we are by that standard, but I do know that there is intellectual space available for "less bad than anticipated".

I don't know enough to be certain (a sentiment that I feel is lacking on both sides of political discourse), but I can't help but acknowledge that "less bad" is a real possibility. The problem is that we will never know what may have happened if Obama weren't elected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3BHujm3cpY&feature

I like what this guy is saying- probably because of his passion (I don't possess the education to know if he's right or not) but if the president did as he says, there would probably be a lot of negative consequences that could be used initially to show that the decision was wrong.

The fun thing is that no one would ever know what would have happened if he hadn't. Experiencing time linearly as we do, and being trapped in only one possible future as we are, there are always easy examples of the horrors that any political action to might point to.

k
I like what this guy is saying- probably because of his passion (I don't possess the education to know if he's right or not)

I do have the education and experience to know he is an economic moron. The $70T "debt" is theoretical, not real. It does not reflect current OR future changes in revenues. It would be the same as claiming you can't afford your house TODAY based on your income of 20 years ago. So, how did you afford your house today? He never addresses that problem because the one way to NOT discuss problems is to say "that doesn't exist in my theoretical pseudo-reality".