Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
84 years old, of COVID.
Print the post Back To Top
According to his family he was fully vaccinated.
No. of Recommendations: 5
I always thought he was a decent man and it was a shame Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld lied to him about WMD and dragged us into the Iraqi war.
No. of Recommendations: 14
He was an active participant in those lies. He went to the UN and showed the world blurry pictures and said they were WMDs.

We believed him because he was the most credible person in the Bush administration. He abused the credibility and lied us into a war we shouldn't have ever started.
No. of Recommendations: 3
“The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones.”

-?- William Shakespeare --- "Julius Caesar"

Ken
No. of Recommendations: 4
DorothyM: According to his family he was fully vaccinated.

He had multiple myeloma, which devastates the immune system. It is also unclear when he was vaccinated or if he had received a booster shot.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/former-secret...
No. of Recommendations: 7
I remember he was interviewed about the lies that led us to the Iraqi invasion and he asked the intelligence folks working for Cheney if the information about WMD he was presenting was real..

They lied to Powell, just like they lied to all of us...

So Even me a AOC/Bernie Progressive thinks he was a great and honorable man..

I wish our country had more like him..
They lied to Powell, just like they lied to all of us...

According to Gen. Westley Clark, Powell drafted the plan for Iraq and found that there was no possibility to plan for an exit strategy. Rumsfeld (Secretary of Defense) squashed the study.
Westley Clark said that Powell was being “a soldier at heart” when presenting the plan for the invasion of Iraq.
https://www.npr.org/2021/10/18/1047003098/gen-wesley-clark-r...

Colin Powell knew full-well that the invasion of Iraq was folly
No. of Recommendations: 4
I had the experience of hearing Powell speak at an industry event I attended a few years back. He was a very impressive speaker, and was clearly a decent man with good intentions and extraordinary skills. His knowledge of the geopolitical arena of the current era, along with a keen sense of history made him a excellent speaker, and I found myself in true admiration of the man.

One of the good guys, to be sure. A rare breed.
And he was 84.

Ken
An old style Republican that no longer seems to exist.