Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
Slowly the Old Guard continues to go off into the sunset. Be it Reagan, Russert, TeddyK, or whomever else. It's nature I guess but still not the easiest pill to swallow.

Unlike the many Liberal attack dog posts when a Cosnervative dies, I find it's better to mention positive things, or to just shut up when God puts his hands on someone.

One fine thing about TeddyK is that by most accounts he was a cordial, and sincerely friendly guy. That doesn't mean he wasn't partisan, but it means that anyone from Trent Lott to Pat Buchanan have stories to tell about TeddyK's niceness.

Perhaps losing to that joke Carter was the best thing to happen to him, for he certainly established himself as a ring to be kissed by Presidents and Senators alike. Like him or not, he's an American Icon and it's okay for folks of all stripes to recognize that, and acknowledge the loss.

Jedi

PS: Political note: I'm curious to watch if all Presidents come to the funeral. If they do....I can't help but think that other than Obama, the Dems in attendance will hold him in lowest regards vs the Repubs. Think about it: Carter and Clinton really don't like TeddyK, while Bush Senior, Bush Junior had decent relations with him. Weird, politics is.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.