Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
RJ and Trick both noted that their Cash investments have yielded better returns than those of the Fool.

When preparing my mock RB column, I did notice that the Fool's cash balance doesn't seem to change except when they make a purchase. They don't seem to have their cash in an interest-bearing account; or they don't include any interest in their portfolio. Who knows why - they use the RB port as a model, so maybe they want to keep the demonstration results "pure" without including yields from non-equity investments, notwithstanding the fact that it's a real money port. I thought that an infinite P/E of 1/0 was funnier, though.

BTW, I greatly appreciate all the very nice responses I received from those who enjoyed the parody. Glad that I was able to make some people smile a bit on a bad market day.

Albaby
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.