Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on your board. First disclosures:

1. I just finished the book, and enjoyed it
2. I am long in RMBS, et al
3. Have gone back several months and read a lot of posts

I have seen several discussions involving Rambus, but not as many as I expected. Since I began investing in and following Rambus about a year ago I have become increasingly convinced this is the stock of the decade. As I aggressively increase my investing knowledge(I have a voracious apetitie for knowledge, reading at least 3 books a month), I keep looking harder and harder at Rambus. I have been following the Rambus board for quite some time as well. There is a lot of stuff to sift through over there as some people just like to post for the sake of posting.
Anyways, on page 135 of The Gorilla Game, Rambus is noted as already taking on a gorilla position in 1998 for the next generation memory market. This is also referenced in the index. This is the only time that RMBS is mentioned in the book. I am the biggest skeptic in the world; I am also the hardest to derail when convinced. I know that Geoffrey Moore has a connection with Mohr Davidow Venture Funds. I remeber that a Mr. Davidow was(is?) connected with Rambus, I think in launching the IPO.
Is this just a subtle hint or is Rambus now, or in the future going to be a gorilla? Or was this just a plug to raise the stock price?
IMO Rambus will be a gorilla and is currently executing, with the help of Intel. There currently is no substitution threat to RDRAM. All the current litigation has more to do with market penetration for RDRAM, than royalty payment I think. The back payments would be nice - but RDRAM taking over the whole market would be nicer.
Any input would be appreciated, especially contrary opinions with reasons.

Thank you,

hoemee
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.