Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
And this nut is allowed to carry a gun?

http://www.app.com/article/20140312/NJNEWS14/303120052/Hunte...

"TOMS RIVER — Hunter L. Stickno was accused by Toms River police of pointing his gun at a fellow driver in a road rage incident . . . and within 20 minutes Patrolmen Jesse Robertazzi and D.J. Unger stopped Stickno, 24, in his 2009 Honda Ridgeline near Route 9 and Church Road. Police found a black Taurus Rossi .357 magnum handgun on the floor of the truck, fully loaded with extra bullets in a speed loader, Stocco said.

Police say they believe the gun was purchased legally out of state when Stickno was not a New Jersey resident."
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1

The article said nothing about him being legal to carry a gun. No CWP was mentioned. The article did mention Wawa. Man, I sure miss Wawa. Hoagies.

Mason
No. of Recommendations: 26

The article indicated that he was charged with (among other things) unlawful possession of a weapon. It would appear that he was not allowed to carry a gun but did so anyway.

It turns out that criminals don't obey laws. Who'd a thunk it?
"It would appear that he was not allowed to carry a gun but did so anyway."

Wonder who sold it to the criminal in the first place? Another law broken here unfortunately.
No. of Recommendations: 9
Wonder who sold it to the criminal in the first place? Another law broken here unfortunately.

What is the evidence that he was a criminal at the time the gun was sold to him?
"What is the evidence that he was a criminal at the time the gun was sold to him?"

Just look at his picture in the original link. It was on these boards that someone once said when people sell guns, they give the prospective buyer a "once over" and if they get a bad vibe, won't sell to them. I wouldn't sell this guy a firecracker, let alone a gun.
No. of Recommendations: 8
Just look at his picture in the original link. It was on these boards that someone once said when people sell guns, they give the prospective buyer a "once over" and if they get a bad vibe, won't sell to them. I wouldn't sell this guy a firecracker, let alone a gun.

A. That's a mug shot... not generally a flattering picture for anyone.

B. All the article says is that he bought the gun legally outside of NJ before moving there. He could have bought it at a gun store from an FFL dealer after passing a background check for all we know (in which case it doesn't matter how sketchy you look, if you pass the check you pass the check).

It appears he didn't own the gun legally in New Jersey, which is a no-no but given the needlessly draconian gun laws there it isn't exactly difficult to do unintentionally. There have been some rather egregious prosecutions for ridiculous "violations" of firearms laws in NJ (such as the poor guy who had a stop-over there during a flight, there was a mishap with his luggage, a connection was missed and he ended up being arrested for a felony because of the situation).
No. of Recommendations: 0
Everything from guns to dissing Tesla; NJ is getting a bad reputation.
"Everything from guns to dissing Tesla; NJ is getting a bad reputation."

We still have pork roll, egg and cheese on a hard roll so that keeps the reputation up.
"it isn't exactly difficult to do unintentionally."

Caveat emptor.
Pork roll is pretty important. WaWa too.

I'd never live there.
We still have pork roll, egg and cheese on a hard roll so that keeps the reputation up.

Not overly impressed with Taylor Pork Roll now-a-daze – too much salt to my taste. Now then, a well made sub sandwich with freshly sliced Italian-style cold cuts on a freshly made roll . . . .
;-)

C.J.V. – unfortunately I ain’t got enough teeth to eat one no more, me

NJ has HAD a bad reputation for quite some time...

Some time ago - IIRC within the past decade - Their politicians enacted what was called "The NJ Cure", for Health Insurance. Under their State mandated plan, everyone paid the same premium and was guaranteed coverage, whether young, old, terminally ill or healthy.

The consequence was that many insurers abandoned the State and only elderly and severely ill people could afford the premiums.

Many of the State's residents went w/o health insurance, or sought refuge in PA. I talked with a young mother of 3 who was paying over $1200/week for Health Insurance in NJ at the time. I think, pretty sure, the State, subsequently, abandoned the NJ Cure, but it took its tole.

Obama's ACA (Affordable Care Act) overlooked a few things, too. Among the oversights included requiring employers to provide health insurance to employees who worked 30 or more hours per week - As of last count, 410 employers, including a number of significant employers, have cut employee hours to 29/week or less: http://news.investors.com/politics-obamacare/020314-669013-o... What a Stimulus!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/cbo-botched-h...
ICF, I think, works for the Federal government, so he probably has no clue in this matter.
"ICF, I think, works for the Federal government, so he probably has no clue in this matter"

The gun matter or the insurance matter?
"ICF, I think, works for the Federal government, so he probably has no clue in this matter"

The gun matter or the insurance matter?

The Insurance matter.
"The Insurance matter."

We do get employer group health insurance. Costs a lot though - probably more than obamacare.
"The Insurance matter."

We do get employer group health insurance. Costs a lot though - probably more than obamacare.

OK, I was wrong - You're not covered under a plan provided by the Fed that is comparable to coverage provided military personnel and congress persons who enact laws for the rest of us. Group Health Insurance premiums, generally, depend upon the average age and average health of participants in the group - If you're young and healthy, and the average age is higher and average health is poorer, you can often do better with an Individual policy, unless your employer is funding a substantial part of the premium. What do you consider "Costs a lot?"

"Obamacare" under the ACA isn't particularly cheap, either, unless you qualify for taxpayer help with premiums and out-of-pocket benefit costs, which involves a ton of paperwork, audits and pulling funds from Income Tax refunds if actual income exceeds projected - It's a paperwork nightmare. I don't have the time to help participants with the paperwork involved - I could make more stocking shelves at WalMart than from commissions paid for policies placed through the Health Insurance Marketplace. If someone wants to deal with that I refer them to the Marketplace, and will not/cannot afford to help them with the paperwork involved. If they want an ACA qualified plan outside of the Health Insurance Marketplace I can and will do that, as I can afford to w/o being encumbered with an avalanche of paperwork. One of the things that I do like about the ACA is guaranteed insurability.
My (local NJ) government health care costs about $1200 per month for a PPO and prescription coverage. (I'm single.) Vision and dental are not included but are available at additional premium. I pay a portion of the $1200, my employer pays the rest.

Cap
Vision and dental are not included but are available at additional premium.

Take a look at Time Insurance Assurant's "Plus" Dental Plan http://www.assuranthealth.com/corp/ah/HealthPlans/affordable... - It's the best I've seen - Basic benefits start immediately, Major benefits start after 6 months, both at 1/2 benefit, until you carry it for a year. There is no deductible and they have no PPO requirements - You can use any dentist. I've had 3 crowns installed under it. The last 2, after 1 year, cost me only a little more than a filling. Fillings cost me nothing out of pocket. Root scaling my upper 2 quadrants cost me nothing out of pocket.

I found the dentist that I use through Careington Care 500 Plan, a dental discount plan - If you only need Basic benefits, it's OK, but won't help you much with major benefits: http://www.1dental.com/careington-dental-plan/

What this has to do wid Guns for Sport and Protection I have no idea!! <g> - just trying to help fellow community persons, as I might be able to.

Bob
I have been paying a little over $239/month for a limited hospital/outpatient only policy through Golden Rule, a division of United Health Care, with a $10,000 annual deductible. They recently increased my premium to $333/month and change, starting April. The letter sed they reduced deductibles by 20, 30, 40 or 50 percent, but I didn't see any reduction in the $10,000 deductible when I accessed my policy on their website - I will call them and ask them about that, and for something in writing.

I will become eligible for Medicare when I turn 65 in July. I will pickup a Medicare Supplement Plan F and get some stuff done I've postponed.

Bob
Medicare Plan F is the best you can get. I suspect the premiums will escalate, as Obama escalates health care for people who don't pay for health care, and taps tax payers and health insurers for the cost of doing so.
My (local NJ) government health care costs about $1200 per month for a PPO and prescription coverage.

IF I had to pay all of the premium (which I do have to do), I'd rather carry the Individual catastrophic (hospital/outpatient only with a $10,000 annual deductible) plan that I've been carrying at $239/month - My employer was paying me $115/week, directly, to help defray the cost of health insurance/health care, but that ended when the economy slowed last year. You and/or your employer are paying more in premiums every year than the $10,000 annual deductible that I *might* have to pay.

just a thought.

Bob